What is Brief Therapy? Brief therapy is a type of psychotherapy that utilizes clients' strengths and resources to help them effectively identify and resolve situations. It is used to help clients set measurable goals without limiting the amount of sessions or time spent on particular issues.
For over 25 years, Dr. Tracey Stulberg has successfully treated hundreds of families and couples - dating, engaged, or married - teaching them skills to resolve their issues and create healthy, loving relationships in less than 10 sessions using Brief Therapy.
Contact Dr. Stulberg Today
Call today (248) 258-9189
Send an Email
With the help of Dr. Stulberg and the Birmingham Family Therapy Clinic, you'll learn to:
Dr. Stulberg and her staff use innovative techniques that accelerate healing from individual struggles and relationship problems to family issues and marital conflict. But that's not all. You'll also learn to:
- Resolve conflicts, not repeat them
- Achieve honest, respectful two-way communication that actually prevents arguments
- Improve interaction with others
- Bring balance back into relationships with family, friends, employees, and employers
- Build intimacy without sacrificing your own identity
- Replace resentment with respect, so arguments give way to caring conversations, resolved problems, and truly intimate relationships
- Clear past issues that affect the present
Brief therapists often assign "homework" so clients use their vast strengths to resolve issues outside of therapy while fine tuning those skills learned in therapy sessions. Working in this way allows our sessions to be more effective and efficient for clients.
Length of Therapy
At the Birmingham Family Therapy Clinic, most clients report feeling more control over their situation after just one session. The average length of treatment is less than 6 months, and often our clients resolve their problems in less than 10 sessions.
Can Brief Therapy Help My Marriage?
Brief Marriage Counseling gives you the tools to achieve honest, respectful, two-way communication that actually prevents arguments. You can replace resentment with respect and replace arguments with caring conversations. New skills allow you to build intimacy without sacrificing your individual identities.
- What are the most common signs of relationship problems
- How to chose a Marriage Counselor or Marriage Therapist
- Learm more about Brief Marriage Counseling
Can Brief Therapy Help My Family?
Brief Family Therapy gives you the tools to provide support, love and safety for your family members. When your family is facing life's critical challenges, family members may need help to avoid or reverse destructive patterns. Brief family therapy addresses these challenges - separation, divorce, fighting and communication difficulties, financial hardships, additions or losses in family membership, violence, grief, illness, addiction and life-style issues.
- What are the most common signs of family problems
- How to chose a Family Counselor or Marriage and Family Therapist
- Learm more about Brief Family Counseling
Free 15-minute Consultation
With a convenient location in Birmingham, Michigan we proudly serve clients from the entire Oakland county area including: